The Sustainability Council of Bayer
Management & Governance
- Sustainability Management
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Bayer Water Position
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Postion on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Responsible Business Conduct
- Climate, Environment and Safety
- Societal Engagement
- Ratings, Rankings and Awards
An independent external Sustainability Council advises the Board of Management of Bayer AG and other functions within the company in all sustainability matters.
Tasks of the Sustainability Council
The Sustainability Council helps Bayer further develop the sustainability elements of its business strategy and provides guidance on the contribution that Bayer can make with its research and development. It independently examines the progress made by Bayer in the implementation of its sustainability targets and oversees the advancement of social innovations by the Bayer Foundation. The Council also promotes cooperation with networks in the areas of society, education, industry and politics.
In order to perform their work, the members of the Sustainability Council receive access to relevant documents and experts within the company. The Sustainability Council meets twice yearly in full. Werner Baumann and other members of the Board of Management attend these meetings. Furthermore, the members of the Council individually support Bayer in specific matters. The Council reports annually on the progress of its work.