Responsibility Along the Value Chain
- At a Glance
Management & Governance
- Sustainability Management
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Bayer Water Position
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Postion on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Responsible Business Conduct
- Climate, Environment and Safety
- Societal Engagement
- ESG Ratings and Rankings
Our procurement function ensures the timely, global supply of goods and services at suitable market conditions, in the required quality and in accordance with the Group’s ethical, ecological and social standards.
Bayer regards adherence to these sustainability standards within its supply chain as a crucial factor in the value chain. By acting responsibly in collaboration with our suppliers, we aim to minimize risks and create stable, long-term business relationships with our partners. For this reason, we apply not just economic standards, but also environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) standards in choosing new suppliers or continuing our relationships with existing ones. These standards are defined in Bayer’s Supplier Code of Conduct, which is based on the principles of the United Nations Global Compact and our Human Rights Position.
To help our suppliers practice sustainability in their daily business, we have developed a Supplier Code of Conduct Guidance. This document aims to provide concrete examples of good practices and benchmarks which suppliers can use, and references such as the regulatory framework and standards governing Bayer’s sustainability efforts.
Further information about sustainability in supplier management can be found in the Procurement section.