Management & Governance
- Sustainability Management
- Bayer Sustainability Council
- Stakeholder Dialogue
- UN Global Compact
- Group Regulations
- Protection of Biodiversity
- Modern Slavery Act Statement
- Position on Global Product Strategy
- Position on Responsible Care
- Bayer Water Position
- Position on Deforestation and Forest Degradation
- Postion on Insect Decline
- Raising the Bar on Crop Protection Safety Standards
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Responsible Business Conduct
- Climate, Environment and Safety
- Societal Engagement
- Ratings, Rankings and Awards
Bayer Modern Slavery Statement
By publishing a public statement based on the UK Modern Slavery Act Bayer sets a clear signal against slavery and servitude, forced or compulsory labor and human trafficking in its value chain.
At Bayer, we constantly strive to create the best environment for employees to perform, innovate and develop. A condition for this is treating every employee fairly and with respect. This must be a fundamental part of the company culture. This is fully in line with our policy on human rights and our Supplier Code of Conduct.
In addition, Bayer fully endorses the principles of the United Nations Global Compact initiative as one of the first participants.
The UK Modern Slavery Act
In 2015 the United Kingdom published the UK modern slavery Act. The act forces every company matching a turnover of more than 36 Million £ per year (in UK) to declare in a public statement the measures to prevent slavery and servitude, forced or compulsory labor and human trafficking in its value chain. Here you can find Bayer´s statement to fulfill the UK Modern Slavery Act in relation to Section 54 of the Act.